Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Potty Training

This is one of those blogs that Elianna is going be to so embarrassed about when she is older. Potty Training is a major accomplishment in both the lives of the child and mother! I can't help but write about it and the pictures are too cute not to include. We now have a Potty Princess in our household and I'm so proud of her. It only took about 2 days until she was basically trained.

She showed signs of interest last week so I wanted to "go with the flow." A friend of mine gave me a book, so I read up on the topic over the weekend and then we began on our day off: last Monday. I knew that I would need Justin's help with Alex while I focused on Elianna. The Sunday night before we went to the store so she could pick out treats for the following day. Of course it was mostly chocolate! She is pretty smart because when we got home she asked for some chocolate and I told her it was for potty training. I told her "when you stay clean and dry by using the potty I will give you some chocolate." Well, she went right into the bathroom and used the potty and then came out and said "Can I have some chocolate now. " Chocolate really motivates this kido!! She had to take her diaper off and everything to get that little piece of chocolate. Of course I gave her some for the amazing jump start.

It's so nice to have only one kido in diapers now. Talk about savings! If Ellie had her way, the extra money would all go to chocolate.




Ellie drinking juice because she was clean and dry. Juice was
another treat she was able to choose from on potty training
day. Oh what a conundrum: Do I choose juice or chocolate!

1 comment:

Angie said...

that's awesome!!!! way to go Ellie (and you too Vern!!).